Please find the details of the selected job below, if you wish
to apply, simply press the apply button.
Embedded Software Architect (AT003)
The client is the largest automotive manufacturing business in the United Kingdom which produces premium all-terrain vehicles and premier luxury sports saloon vehicles. All the cars are engineered in the UK and the client has large ambitions for growth.
This role is for an experienced and highly motivated embedded software architect, with the responsibility for the specification, development, delivery and ongoing maintenance of software architecture for in-house developed ECUs. This role has particular focus on Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS) features. Tasks include:
• Software architecture design within the AutoSAR framework
• Work with the systems, controls, and software engineers to decompose incoming 'black box' level change requests down to the software unit level
• Interface definition to support integration of multiple software components from in-house and 3rd party software teams
• Define start-up and shutdown process, sequence diagrams and task scheduling requirements
• Definition and support for integration test activities
• Acting as arbitrator where multiple solutions exist, to ensure the ECU internal architecture remains consistently structured
• Definition of network interfaces to ensure requirements of the software units are met
• Development and execution of related engineering standards and processes, including supporting software documentation and release activities.
Experience And Skills
3 key skills;
Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle for embedded applications, including model based development (Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow) and embedded C Experienced in software architecture definition. This must include AutoSAR, and preferably multi-core or multi-processor systems. Experience of software quality processes such as Automotive SPICE or similar.
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle for embedded applications, including specification, architecture design, implementation, build and integration process, test, release and maintenance.
• Experience of model based development using Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow, understanding of the 'C' programming language,
• Experienced in software architecture for AutoSAR components and preferably multicore / multiprocessor systems.
• Knowledge of model based and code based software development principals, and relevant standards such as MISRA. Automotive SPICE
• Specification authoring, requirements decomposition and change management.
• Development and execution of software integration test
• Strong organisational, project management and communication skills essential
• Knowledge of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
• Degree in Electronics, Computer Science / Software, Automotive / Aerospace engineering or similar subject, or equivalent industry experience
• Must be eligible to work within the UK without sponsorship
• Understanding of dSpace Targetlink or similar tools such as Mathworks Coder
• Definition of Hardware-Software interfaces
• SysML and associated tools such as IBM Rhapsody
• Use of requirement and change management tools such as IBM Rational DOORS, RTC, SVN or similar.
• Automotive knowledge including vehicle electrical architectures such as CAN bus, Flexray, and diagnostics and fault handling techniques.
• Robustness analysis and test techniques (e.g. noise factors, design tolerances)
• Quality and safety tools and processes e.g. Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA, ISO26262
• Experience working with offshore software development teams and / or 3rd party ECU suppliers
Salary / Rate
£30.87 Per Hour Flexible depending on experience
Education / Level