Please find the details of the selected job below, if you wish
to apply, simply press the apply button.
Design (Catia) Lead Engineer - Crankdrive (SR028)
Delta Recruitment is representing a leading automotive engineering firm with a UK team who are capable of engineering complete vehicles and powertrain components. The client’s scope of work is the concept and initial engineering phases of new vehicle and PT programmes and the engineering, development and certification of products.
• Responsible for the product design within the allocated functional specialism (Crankdrive).
Experience And Skills
• Concept development and design studies.
• Design detailing
• Drawing release.
• Prototype build support.
• Ownership and delivery of projects
• Liaison with internal and external customers
• Provision of engineering design support for current product range
• Developing skills within the Design team through coaching.
• Ensuring that all design studies are appropriately documented.
• Make design revisions and recommendations based on analysis results.
• Keeping abreast of the latest technology and where new techniques are available that would assist the core business, prepare documentation for discussion.
• Ensuring that a robust designs are released in time to support the requirements of GPADP / GPDP and that satisfy the PDS.
• Facilitating FMECAs at the appropriate time so that the output can be used to derive the test plan.
• Providing Programme Managers with status reports for their approved programmes.
• Making appropriate use of external consultancies. Assisting in raising the appropriate paperwork for release of funds for any outsource.
• Using MS Project to track timing against the overall Project plan. Highlighting any deviation from plan at the earliest opportunity and instigating recovery plans.
• Understanding Material specifications and making initial recommendations.
• Abiding the Change Management team’s process and supporting Spec Gebas.
• Creator of designs that satisfy the requirements of the Product Design Specification in the business recognised Cadd platform
• Ensure that the product design is compatible with the other functional groups
• Balance all the product attributes so that the key business parameters are satisfied
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• At least 15 years experience of Petrol or Diesel engine design, specifically on major base engine components.
• Major casting experience is essential.
• A working knowledge of high volume production processes
• Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
• Proficient in ProE Creo / Catia; including solid modelling, surfacing and drawings.
• Working level knowledge of TeamCentre.
• Familiar with Design Office systems
• BS8888 geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
• 3D Caliper
• Design For Assembly experience.
• MS Office suite
• Knowledge of CFD / FEA would be a distinct advantage
• GT Suite with specific knowledge of GT Crankdrive
• Willing and able to visit China for periods of time as part of a global team
• Supplier interface skills.
• Prepared to challenge the ‘status quo’ through an inquisitive nature.
• Attention to detail and good communication skills.
• Ability to plan activities through continually changing priorities whilst recognising the wider business need.
• A team player.
• Enthusiastic, self motivated and determined to succeed.
• Full driving licence.
• Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company
Salary / Rate
Education / Level