Please find the details of the selected job below, if you wish
to apply, simply press the apply button.
Instrument Panel Lead Engineer
Delta Recruitment is representing a leading automotive engineering firm with a UK team who are capable of engineering complete vehicles and powertrain components. The client’s scope of work is the concept and initial engineering phases of new vehicle and PT programmes and the engineering, development and certification of products.
• Lead concept development of instrument panel concept engineering and style feasibility.
Experience And Skills
• Excellent knowledge in IP design and development including current and future knowledge of market and legal requirements
• Excellent benchmark knowledge of key competitors
• Excellent knowledge of IP technologies and manufacturing techniques including slush, injection moulding, etc.
• Ability to scheme initial concept models in catia V5 respecting and generating hard points for design, initial feasible solutions for child parts and fixings etc.
• CAD Design – must be fully proficient in use of CATIA V5 for engineering model release, including solid modelling, generative shape design, kinematics, product structuring etc.
• Teamcentre experience is an advantage
• Generation of comprehensive section book
• Generate excellent relationships and communication techniques with engineers in Shanghai
• Lead all new IP concept and style feasibility studies
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Significant and demonstrable experience of working in a style feasibility environment
• Detailed design experience of facia and console components
• A good understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with facia and console components.
• Experience and understanding of Teamcentre would be highly advantageous
• Good IT and effective communication skills both verbally and via email, PPT etc.
• Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company
Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
Salary / Rate
Education / Level