Please find the details of the selected job below, if you wish
to apply, simply press the apply button.
Electrical Body Engineer (SR023)
Job Title: Electrical Body Engineer
Job Type: Permanent (37 hours a week)
Consultant: Alex Townsend
Delta Recruitment is representing a leading automotive engineering firm with a UK team who are capable of engineering complete vehicles and powertrain components. The client’s scope of work is the concept and initial engineering phases of new vehicle and PT programmes and the engineering, development and certification of products.
To support the China EE team in the development and delivery of new Body electronics ECU and specifications.
• Responsible for the Concept Development, specification and delivery of all European specific Body Electronics related features, systems and ECU’s for all aspects of programmes undertaken by SAIC Motor.
• Responsible for generating and managing timing plans for associated components
• Responsible for Body Electronics System Validation
• Responsible for developing joint departmental body electronics technology strategy and road maps in conjunction with the China team.
• Responsible for providing specialist support, to develop the body electronics team component strategy.
• Responsible for ensuring the international market feature requirement including legislation is protected within the body controller specifications and road maps.
Experience And Skills
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Significant engineering experience – up to 10 years experience within a Component or Vehicle Engineering function
• Significant knowledge and experience of electrical systems and features across various COC areas including Power train and Chassis.
• A sound specific component and system knowledge with a broad understanding of vehicle integration and the overall Vehicle delivery process, or good knowledge of whole vehicle engineering delivery and integration.
• Good understanding in the use of electrical tools including data loggers, CAN Analysis equipment, and hand tools.
• Good IT skills & experience of appropriate software applications (Excel, MS Project etc.)
• An ability to operate across national and cultural boundaries requiring sensitivity and understanding but on occasions technical leadership in focussed skill areas.
• An understanding of BOM processes
• Knowledge of change management activities and processes
• Good communication skills at all levels within an engineering function
• A flexible and committed attitude and motivated to deliver in difficult and changing circumstances
• Demonstrable understanding and awareness of costs
• Good organisational & prioritisation skills
• A recognised qualification (preferably a degree) in Electrical Engineering or Automotive Engineering or other relevant discipline.
• Knowledge of DFSS tools to support investigation and data collect.
Salary / Rate
Per Annum Flexible depending on experience
Education / Level