Please find the details of the selected job below, if you wish
to apply, simply press the apply button.
EMS System Integration/Diagnostics Engineer (SR020)
Job Title: EMS System Integration/Diagnostics
Job Type: Permanent/Contract (37 hours a week)
Consultant: Alex Townsend
Delta Recruitment is representing a leading automotive engineering firm with a UK team who are capable of engineering complete vehicles and powertrain components. The client’s scope of work is the concept and initial engineering phases of new vehicle and PT programmes and the engineering, development and certification of products.
• To perform the upfront and support throughout vehicle programmes in the system definition, integration, validation and refinement of Diesel, Gasoline EMS and TCU Systems
• Carry out activities to include but not limited to Verification, Validation and Reporting of EMS functionality working towards Engineering sign off.
• Able to assist with PT project planning and proposals for consideration, and execute the projects that are approved.
• To be a key member of the Powertrain Integration team, driving the implementation of latest available technologies to ensure the competitiveness and success of the company’s vehicles.
• Development of new SW functionality through the use of rapid prototype SW tool sets. E.g. Intecrio, e-hooks, Simulink RTP etc
• Use of INCA, CANalyser, Module Analyser tool chains
• Support development activities for the system integration requirements, specifications and rapid prototype implementation for SAIC product software introduction including but not exclusive to FMEA, P-diagrams Functional Safety, ISO 26262.
• Assist Lead Engineer in priorities workload to ensure most effective use of resources and time
• Support the development of new calibration tools and techniques
• Effective delivery of all aspects of the system integration task
• To keep abreast of impact of Legislation on calibration needs inclusive of SI requirements going forward
• To liaise with colleagues within Calibration, IUMPR OBD and PT Electronic to ensure fully integrated EMS calibration activities are undertaken, in the most effective way
• Support EMS supplier liaison and supplier technical development
• To undertake benchmarking where appropriate
• Work with workstream teams to ensure test plans and activities reflect needs of calibration and Business needs
Experience And Skills
• Reporting to the Calibration & SI Manager for EMS & TCU Electronic function activity.
• Creation / Support in developing Functional Specifications – including OBD diagnostic specification, Component FMEA’s and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
• EMS Functionality (Cruise Control, ASL, Stop Start, Immobiliser, Electronic Throttle Control etc)
• Verification , validation and reporting of EMS functionality in support of the VVP&R sign-off
• FMEA’s (PIN/CAN)
• Component Integration
• Software fault diagnosis / report throughout S/W release phases. Vehicle build support and associated diagnosis
• Support Calibration team in OBD and diagnostic activity.
• Ensure all data and reports are appropriately documented.
• Ensures that the appropriate test standards are applied and are reviewed / updated as technology progresses.
• Support development and use of new technologies within the department.
• Support supplier selection process.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Up to 5 years experience within a systems Integration delivery team from either an OEM or ESP environment or a wish develop experience within this field.
• Minimum HND in Electrical and/or Electronics or a similar relevance.
• Knowledge of Bosch EMS and ETAS INCA toolset. MATLAB experience an advantage
• Have experience of the complete product development cycle from conception through to implementation and then on into current engineering.
• Ability to prioritise, separating what’s important from what’s urgent.
• Good understanding of competitors products.
• Strong future thinking, out of the box thinking – able to identify new opportunities
• Exceptional communication skills
• Legal ability to work within the UK
• Full UK or EU driving licence
• Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company
Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
You may be required in the performance of duties or training to travel to such place or places in the United Kingdom or abroad, as the Employer reasonably requires.
Salary / Rate
Education / Level