Please find the details of the selected job below, if you wish
to apply, simply press the apply button.
HMI and Design Feasibility Engineer (SR010)
Job Title: HMI and Design Feasibility Engineer
Job Type: Permanent/Contract (37 hours a week)
Consultant: Alex Townsend
Delta Recruitment is representing a leading automotive engineering firm with a UK team who are capable of engineering complete vehicles and powertrain components. The client’s scope of work is the concept and initial engineering phases of new vehicle and PT programmes and the engineering, development and certification of products.
To ensure that interior and exterior designs undertaken by the UK Design Department have a high level of engineering feasibility with respect to styled electronic components.
To define and develop future HMI concept strategies that keeps pace with the rapidly changing technology and features within the European market.
To identify and highlight the requirements needed for those future HMI’s.
Gain a better understand of European competitor HMI trends, as well as HMI strategies used in consumer electronics that may be migrated to the automotive industry and developing gap analysis reports based off current products and technology.
• To liaise with the UK Design Department to review and give direction upon engineering feasibility of styled electronic components.
• To liaise with component engineers to ensure that developing interior and exterior designs have engineering feasibility and where necessary that they follow the requirements of component strategies.
• Responsible for developing concept HMI strategies for future vehicle platforms.
• Research into the effect of the growing consumer electronic devices and the impact onto vehicle design and features within the International markets.
• Development of HMI concepts using recognised HMI development software packages and demonstrating those concepts to UK and China senior management.
• Define the technical requirements needed to support the developed concept HMI.
• Producing and delivering reports of benchmarking other OEM developments to ensure our company strategy competitiveness.
Experience And Skills
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Significant engineering experience – up to 10 years experience within a Component or Vehicle Engineering function
• Significant knowledge and experience of providing engineering feasibility to a design studio.
• Knowledge and experience of HMI development using recognised HMI Development tools.
• Good knowledge of emerging industry trends.
• Good IT skills & experience of appropriate software applications (Excel, MS Project etc.)
• An ability to operate across national and cultural boundaries requiring sensitivity and understanding but on occasions technical leadership in focussed skill areas.
• Knowledge of change management activities and processes.
• Good communication skills at all levels within an engineering function.
• A flexible and committed attitude and motivated to deliver in difficult and changing circumstances.
• Demonstrable understanding and awareness of costs.
• Good organisational & prioritisation skills.
• A recognised qualification (preferably a degree) in Electrical Engineering or Automotive Engineering or other relevant discipline.
• Knowledge of Design For Six Sigma.
Salary / Rate
Education / Level