Please find the details of the selected job below, if you wish
to apply, simply press the apply button.
Lamps Engineer (SR008)
Job Title: Lamps Engineer
Job Type: Permanent/Contract (37 hours a week)
Consultant: Alex Townsend
Delta Recruitment is representing a leading automotive engineering firm with a UK team who are capable of engineering complete vehicles and powertrain components. The client’s scope of work is the concept and initial engineering phases of new vehicle and PT programmes and the engineering, development and certification of products.
Design Engineer capable of Vehicle Lighting concept feasibility studies, proposal modelling & Styling support.
• In depth understanding of lighting requirements including functional and legal
• Ability to black box package key internal exterior lamp components to support style feasibility.
• Excellent knowledge of lamp output requirements and functions to achieve targets
• Ability to predict light output levels
• CAD Design – must be fully proficient in use of CATIA V5 for engineering model creation, including solid modelling, generative shape design, product structure etc.
• Effective global communication & interaction with the wider engineering functions, i.e. Styling, Vehicle Integration, Suppliers etc.
Experience And Skills
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Significant and demonstrable experience of working within an automotive design environment.
• A high level of experience in the design of Vehicle Lighting Systems, including knowledge of global regulatory requirements and standards.
• Experience and understanding of Teamcentre would be highly advantageous
• Good IT and effective communication skills both verbally and via email, PPT etc.
• Flexibility to work across a number of vehicles programmes.
• Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company.
Salary / Rate
Education / Level
Degree Qualified preferred (Mechanical Engineering or comparable)