Please find the details of the selected job below, if you wish
to apply, simply press the apply button.
Powertrain Mount Lead Engineer (SR007)
Job Title: Powertrain Mount Lead Engineer
Job Type: Permanent/Contract (37 hours a week)
Consultant: Alex Townsend
Delta Recruitment is representing a leading automotive engineering firm with a UK team who are capable of engineering complete vehicles and powertrain components. The client’s scope of work is the concept and initial engineering phases of new vehicle and PT programmes and the engineering, development and certification of products.
To provide the concept definition for new power unit mounting applications into new and existing vehicles. To provide tuning, development and sign off expertise.
• Concept layout of powertrain mounting system, from first principles, in support of driveability, NVH and durability targets.
• Project management of the powertrain mounting system during simulator and prototype vehicle builds.
• System/component design to support simulator prototype and production build phases.
• Catia v5 3d & 2d CAD creation with appropriate data management and release.
• Procurement of parts, liaison with prototype manufacturers & external suppliers to ensure timely support of the build phases.
• Generation of Product Design Specifications (PDS).
• Generation of Design Verification Plans (DVP).
• Engineering input for supplier nomination process.
• Assistance with definition of technology strategy for components.
• Generation of concept Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) in conjunction with the nominated supplier.
• Component design, development and test to optimise chassis performance.
• Liaison with all relevant areas (Powertrain, NVH, Vehicle Performance) to ensure that component designs satisfy vehicle performance requirements.
• Checking of supplier drawings for accuracy/appropriate tolerances to satisfy system technical targets.
Experience And Skills
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Previous experience of setting targets and specifications for Passenger Car Engine Mounting Systems
• Knowledge of relevant NVH testing and analysis of results.
• Ability to assess and understand CMS performance of a test vehicle – driving licence, advanced driving capability and test track driving experience is required.
• Demonstrable delivery and supplier management skills, preferably within OEM
• Good PC and Microsoft Office skills
• Detailed design experience with a proven delivery track record.
• Catia v5 design expertise is required.
• Travel to China to support design reviews and vehicle assessments is essential.
• Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company.
Salary / Rate
Education / Level
Degree Qualified preferred (Mechanical Engineering or comparable)