Please find the details of the selected job below, if you wish
to apply, simply press the apply button.
Suspension Systems Lead Engineer (SR005)
Job Title: Chassis Tuning ISP
Job Type: Permanent/Contract (37 hours a week)
Consultant: Alex Townsend
Delta Recruitment is representing a leading automotive engineering firm with a UK team who are capable of engineering complete vehicles and powertrain components. The client’s scope of work is the concept and initial engineering phases of new vehicle and PT programmes and the engineering, development and certification of products.
• Leadership of suspension component concept design.
• Generation of Product Design Specifications. (PDS)
• Generation of concept Design Verification Plans. (DVP)
• Generation of Cost Packs for supplier nomination process.
• Engineering input for supplier nomination process.
• Assistance with definition of technology strategy for components.
• Generation of Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
• Component Design & Engineering with proposed suppliers, especially at mule and prototype phases.
• Management of suppliers to achieve agreed cost, weight, quality, timing targets.
• Liaison with all relevant areas to ensure that component designs satisfy all requirements (e.g. Manufacturing, Service, Test, Supplier etc)
• Management of timely performance and durability testing to satisfy the DVP.
• Checking of supplier drawings for accuracy/appropriate tolerances to satisfy system technical targets.
• Generate necessary paperwork to release components for prototype/production manufacture.
• Control Bill of Materials for mule and prototype builds. (BOM).
Experience And Skills
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
• Detailed knowledge & experience of Chassis suspension components.
• Flexible and motivated to deliver results within a small team.
• Ability to manage and work under challenging conditions in a multi-cultural environment.
• Skilled in problem-solving.
• Understanding of technical aspects of component development (e.g. GD&T, DFMEA’s, DVP Component/System/Vehicle, Significant/Critical Characteristics, Materials, Finish specifications).
• Familiarity with IT systems & typical software (Excel, MS Project etc.)
• Good organisational & prioritisation skills.
• Willing to travel to China and elsewhere as required
• Ability to coach and pass on experience to other engineers.
• Previous experience of setting targets and specifications for Passenger Car Axle Systems.
• Catia v5 capability is required
• Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company.
Salary / Rate
Education / Level