Please find the details of the selected job below, if you wish
to apply, simply press the apply button.
Steering Engineer (SR004)
Job Title: Steering Engineer
Job Type: Permanent/Contract (37 hours a week)
Consultant: Alex Townsend
Delta Recruitment is representing a leading automotive engineering firm with a UK team who are capable of engineering complete vehicles and powertrain components. The client’s scope of work is the concept and initial engineering phases of new vehicle and PT programmes and the engineering, development and certification of products.
• Ensuring global requirements are taken into account in steering system strategy planning and supplier nomination
• Identifying steering system requirements through whole vehicle and system benchmarking
• Generation of System Specifications for Steering Systems
• Generation of Test and Validation plans for Steering Systems
• Conducting full concept layout of EPS or HPS systems
• Support the tuning of steering systems by provision of appropriate test parts
• Support test procedures in workshop and at proving grounds
• Management of CAD resource to deliver steering system 3D data at all stages of project
• Assisting the team in problem solving and technical issues
Experience And Skills
Skills and Knowledge Required:
• Significant Engineering Experience of HPS and EPS steering systems
• Experience of setting engineering targets at vehicle, system and component level
• A sound specific component and system knowledge with a broad understanding of vehicle integration and the overall Vehicle delivery process
• An ability to operate across national and cultural boundaries requiring sensitivity and understanding but on occasions technical leadership in focussed skill areas.
• Able and willing to travel and provide coaching.
• Knowledge of change management activities and processes
• Excellent communication skills at all levels within all functions including board level.
• A flexible, positive, enthusiastic, open minded and committed attitude, and able to deliver in difficult and changing circumstances.
• Excellent organisational & prioritisation skills.
• Vehicle driving and assessment skills are required.
• CATIA v5 expertise is required.
• Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company
Salary / Rate
Education / Level